More About Us
Buying Local Foods |
Read About Us in the News | Contact Us
June 1989: Opening of Lucky 32 in Greensboro. Read about our 25th Anniversary!
Now Employee-Owned! After 28 years of operating one of the top-rated hotel and restaurant companies in the South, the founders of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels (QW) announced on November 17, 2016 that it is now 100% owned by its 600+ staff members. This makes QW one of only a few employee-owned restaurant and hotel companies in the entire country. Learn more.
At Lucky 32, we believe that if we all focus first and foremost on taking great care of our guests – and colleagues – the natural by-product will be happy guests, thriving staff members, and satisfied shareholders. Of course, a big part of taking care of our guests is providing exceptional dining experiences.
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels got its start in April of 1988, when Dennis and Nancy partnered with their good friend Mike Weaver. "Our working relationship came to be because we are good friends and wanted to be in business together, but also because we share the belief that being of genuine service to our guests, fellow staff members, shareholders, and the Earth and her people results in a successful company."
Lucky 32 – our first restaurant in Greensboro – opened its doors in 1989. We then opened the O.Henry Hotel and Green Valley Grill in 1998, the Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen in Cary in 2002, and the Proximity Hotel and Print Works Bistro in 2007. Whatever great adventures are ahead, taking great care of our guests and colleagues will always remain our top priorities.
25th Anniversary Short Story Contest Winners:
"Date Night" category | "Celebrations" category | "It's the Little Things that Count" category
Keep up with us via our Neighorhood Newsletter from Dennis and Nancy King Quaintance, mailed once or twice each year. Sign up to receive it.
See recent copies online: Holiday 2016, Summer 2016, Holiday 2015, Summer 2015, Summer 2014, Fall 2013, Summer 2013, Fall 2012, Holiday 2011, Fall 2010, Fall 2009, Fall 2008, Summer 2008, Fall 2007, Summer 2007, Autumn 2006, Autumn 2005, Summer 2005, Autumn 2004, Spring 2004, Winter 2004, Autumn 2003, Summer 2003, Winter 2003, Autumn 2002, Spring 2002, Winter 2002, Early Autumn 2001, Late Spring 2001, Spring 2001, Winter 2001, Autumn 2000, Early Summer 2000, Autumn 1999, Spring 1999, Summer 1998, Winter 1997
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Owners (who are solely QW staff members), and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a clean, comfortable restaurant (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) afford compensation and benefits for those who contribute, and b) allow the company to grow.
(QW is owned by the QW ESOP Trust, which exists solely to provide retirement benefits to QW staff members. We are 100% Employee Owned!)
- Consider sustainable practices in our social and physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine.)
Let's all behave in ways consistent with these ideas.
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 West Wendover Avenue, Suite 320
Greensboro, NC 27408