FRUIT PIE CONTEST WINNING RECIPES
Here are the five winning recipes from our 2008 “Who Doesn’t Love Fruit Pies” Contest
Grand Prize Winner: Peach Custard Pie
What could be easier? It's delicious and can feature North Carolina's lucious peaches!
- Fill crust with peaches....cut side up.
Peach Streusel Pie
Here is a favorite recipe of mine from my Grandmother in Dover, Ohio. She loved to bake and this always tasted so yummy in the middle of the summer when made from fresh peaches.
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Flour
- 1/2 C Butter
Combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter.
- 4 C. Fresh Sliced Peaches
- 1/2 C White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture in the bottom of a 9" unbaked pie crust.
Perfectly Easy Blackberry Pie
This recipe is very easy and delicious. Great way to use those fresh blackberries that will be coming in soon.
- 4 C. blackberries (fresh are best, but frozen are okay)
- Prepare your favorite 2-crust pie recipe, or use prepared crust such as
- Pillsbury refrigerated (not frozen) crust from the dairy case.
- Mix flour and 1/2 C measure of sugar together in a large bowl, and add
- 3 1/2 C of the berries and stir gently to coat.
- Place bottom crust in pie plate, and spoon berry mixture into crust.
- Then sprinkle remaining 1/2 C of berries on top. Cover with remaining crust.
- Seal and crimp crust edges, then brush with the milk and sprinkle with the 1/4 C measure of sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp. to 375 degrees.
- Bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Great with vanilla ice cream or a little lemon sorbet.
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh is best, but frozen also make a good pie)
- In mixing bowl, combine: sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and beaten egg. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into uncooked piecrust.
- Cut 2nd piecrust into strips, approx 1 inch wide. Use strips to weave together a top crust, in lattice style. Pinch the 2 crusts together at edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for ~25 minutes.
- Best served warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This is a great fruit pie…the lemon juice and zest make it different and almost light! And of course you can make your own pie crust!
- 4 C fresh blueberries (can use frozen)
- Mix together sugar, flour, lemon peel & salt (and spices) in bowl.
© 1989-2014 This recipe is property of Quaintance-Weaver, Inc. Unauthorized commercial use is forbidden. More recipes at lucky32.com.